Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lime Sleep Mask

So today I made a sleep mask.

The inspiration:

I work nights, that means I sleep during the day... or at least I try. We only have mini blinds in the bedroom, no dark curtains or anything, so at noon when I am trying to sleep the sun is coming right in through the window and filling the room with light.

I couldn't sleep... I tried crocheting the afghan I am working on, but my arm soon hurt from crocheting while laying down.

I laid there a while... still couldn't sleep...
I tossed and turned, tried covering my face with the blanket, or the pillow, or my arm... nothing worked...

So I thought to myself, I need a sleep mask...
WAIT!! I could crochet a sleep mask!!

I decided I needed to use a soft yarn, it will be on my face after all. Then I remembered I had some Lion Brand Micro Spun in Lime.



Click to enlarge.

I grabbed my g hook and started crocheting.
About an hour or two later, after I got the front done, I finally fell asleep.
When I was able to work on it again, I finished it in another couple hours. It shouldn't have taken me that long, but I had several rows of single crochets and border and weaving to do.

Anyway, here is how it turned out!


Click to enlarge.


And a back view:


Click to enlarge.

I know, the lighting is horrible in my computer/craft room. I need to find a better place to take the pictures!!

Anyway, hope you like!!
Thanks for looking!!

~Jenn~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too clever! LOVE IT! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Jennifer Crowe said...

Thanks!! You are too kind!!

Jenn