Saturday, September 29, 2007

Baby Overlay Dress

The Inspiration:

My friend at work, Jonell, had a baby about 5 months ago. I wasn't confident enough in my crochet skills to make her something until now.

The Yarn:

I found some yarn at goodwill, Lily Sugar 'n Cream Baby and Fingering Yarn. It is 100% Pure, Soft Spun Cotton, 3-Ply, Pre-Shrunk, in #11 Yellow.

The Pattern:

Pattern can be found here.

The pattern was pretty easy to work as long as you have a basic knowledge of crochet.
I used 2 strands of the yarn with an H hook.

There is a slight variance from her pattern to my dress, as I didn't add the sleeves. I just preferred the shorter sleeved look.

Close up.

Click to enlarge.

And an action shot.



Thanks for looking, I so hope Jonell likes it, and now I definitely feel more comfortable making clothing and baby items.

4 comments:

Lesalicious said...

Love the dress great job you done. I know Jonell will love it:) good work.:)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

That is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh How Adorable.