Sunday, September 2, 2007

Clorox Ready Mop Pad

Ok, so I am super cheap, especially when it comes to things I don't need, but would make my life easier. Luckily I am not as lazy as I am cheap or this project wouldn't have happened. I stumbled across a pattern for a swiffer wet jet pad on the internet, and at first I laughed and kept browsing. But about an hour later I thought, maybe she was on to something... So I broke out my favorite hook (H) and some yarn that I had plenty of, but had no plan for just yet, and started crocheting.

I basically made a chain till it was about 13" long, then started to single crochet. When I got to the second row, I decided to crochet in the back loops only to give it a little traction. I crocheted till it was long enough to wrap around the ready mop and finished it off.

This was such a simple project that took no time at all.
Here is a close up of the stich.

Click to enlarge.

And an action shot:

Click to enlarge.


Now whenever I am done mopping, I just through the pad in the washer, and reuse!!

5 comments:

Nat said...

What a fantastic idea....Instead of buying the refills...I will definetly try this...Thanxs...

I've only just begun to blog and crochet... lol
Enjoying it very much, though!

Cool projects...must admit I did laugh when I saw the 'thong'project. I guess you really can make anything with crochet.... :)

Sam said...

I just commented on this in my newest post about the Ready Mop. Stop by & check it out :)

Sarahwirracer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd like to thank you for such a great quality forum!
Was thinking this would be a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/curious-george-party-supplies.html]curious george Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.