Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Prayer / Comfort Shawl

A woman at my job lost her husband this past week, so I decided to make her a comfort shawl.
I used Caron Simply Soft WW Yarn in Lilac.
I got the pattern from the "Happy Hooker" book by: Debbie Stoller

I was amazed at how easy it was, even though it looker rather complicated in the book.



Photobucket
Click to Enlarge.

Photobucket
Click to Enlarge.


Although I was making it for a sad occasion, I had fun making it, and it went rather quickly.
There is a good chance I will be making more of these.

Thank you for looking!!


Update:
She loved it, and was in tears, which had me in tears.
Two other associates complimented me on it as well saying it was beautiful. =]

2 comments:

Morgan O'Brien said...

Hello I also have the book ' the happy hooker' Im am getting stuck on the shawl and was hoping you could help me?
I find it very hard to understand the pattern
neen

Anonymous said...

That is Georgous Jennifer :)