Friday, December 5, 2008

Coffee Mug Cozy

Wow, it sure has been a long time since I have posted a project. I just haven't made anything in a while. There have been a few projects that I have started on, then stopped for one reason or another.

Anyway!! I am sick, so I made a cup of tea. I microwaved the water and when I started to bring the tea upstairs with me, I burnt my hands. I know, you are saying, 'That is what the handle is for.' You obviously don't know me too well!! haha My hands shake, especially when I am sick, and ESPECIALLY when I am carrying something that cannot be dropped, going up the stairs. So I have to carry everything with two hands if it has some weight to it and is spillable.

SO!! I came up with a brilliant idea and made a cozy for my coffee cups. They slide on and off very easily since they are stretchy.

Here is a pic:

Coffee Mug Cozy
Click to enlarge.

I used Red Heart ww yarn in Coffee and Light Raspberry.
The pattern is simple:
Chain 35.
Slip stitch into first chain making sure the chains are straight, creating a round.
Sc in each chain across. Slip stitch in first sc to create a round.
Cut yarn and with second color chain 2 in first sc. Dc around and cut off yarn.
Repeat until you have a total of 6 rows.
At the end of the last row, slip stitch to create a round.
When you are done, weave in any ends you may have.

Thanks for reading!!
If you attempt the project, I would love to see your versions, so please leave me a comment with a link to yours!!

3 comments:

imamum!!?? said...

Tis is very useful! N much simpler than the rest of the projects you've started. Haha..

Hv not crochet for years! Kinda inspire by you, esp now tat Xmas is nearing & am thinkin hard wat i shd get as gifts. Hv no crochet project for you2view but i've done some scrapbook handicraft stuff & knitted a scarf b4. Below is my link :)

http://ryneesschooloffashion.blogspot.com/search?q=project

Anonymous said...

I love my coffe, so I will be making one of these for sure, Thanks for sharing :)

bespoke mugs said...

nice post Renee i agree with u.